IMPORTANT NOTE: The Impact Grant stream will not be offered during the 2020-21 funding cycle, as the program undergoes a 5-year review.
Applications for the Seed Grant stream will still be accepted by the Office of the Vice-Provost, Innovations in Undergraduate Education according to the following timeline:
- Seed Grant ($5,000-$15,000 per year for up to three years) applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
LEAF and Research
LEAF is first and foremost a grant for curricular innovation; it is not a research grant. While a research component to a project may be appropriate, the sole purpose of a proposal should not be the production and dissemination of new research. The fund is for ‘creating’ something innovative that enhances the teaching capabilities of the University.
If a component of a project proposal is research-based, please ensure that Research Services has been consulted for ethics guidance.
Research Ethics: IMPORTANT! Where relevant, applicants must include at the time of submission a formal letter or email notification from the University of Toronto Research Ethics Board stating that ethics has been approved, the project is exempt, or that it is pending.
The application process is conducted entirely online using the provided submission form. No hard copy or email submissions will be accepted. Please complete the following steps prior to completing the online application:
- Before beginning an application please contact your Dean’s Office to determine divisional processes and deadlines.
- Review the following guidelines to ensure applicant eligibility and project alignment with the LEAF program’s goals, priorities and criteria:
- Download the template proposal and budget forms. The templates are intended to support offline work prior to final submission, which occurs through the online application form.
- Follow the link provided below in order to complete the online application process.Note: It is not possible to save progress on the application, so ensure that your information is compiled prior to beginning the application process.
Questions regarding the forms or the application process should be directed to email@example.com.